St. Patrick's Day Lanzarote 2020
The council of Tias usually organizes a celebration for St. Patrick's Day in Puerto del Carmen every year and it's a great event that draws a lot of crowds. The resort has celebrated this day every year and everything is organized with the help of the Irish community in Lanzarote.
Puerto del Carmen is the most popular resort among Irish tourists in Lanzarote, so it makes sense to have a celebration for St. Patrick's Day. Local people and other tourists are also interested in tasting food typical to Ireland, and of course the famous Irish beer.
St. Patricks Day in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
17 March 2020, from 11:00 am until 22:00 - Harbour, Old Town, Plaza del Varadero
- 11:00 - Mass in The Church Of Our Lady of Lourdes in Puerto del Carmen
- 12:30 - Opening act in in Plaza del Varadero
- 13:30 - 22:00 - Music and dancing in Plaza del Varadero
- 17:30 - St. Patrick's Day Parade in Puerto del Carmen: Avenida las Playas - starts from the outskirts of the Tourist information office and goes towards Plaza del Varadero
The festivities will start this year since the 15th of March and will last until the 17th of March.
See what to expect in regards to the weather in Lanzarote in March
There will be many activities organized each day: concerts, sports activities on the beach and also the main parade.
Usually, after the parade ends, the party moves to the harbor area in the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen, where there is live music from the bars, traditional Irish food, beer and fun all night long.
Plan the perfect holiday to Lanzarote
Join our Lanzarote Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
Book Your Accommodation
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in Lanzarote:
- Occidental Lanzarote Playa **** (Costa Teguise)
- Boutique Hotel H10 White Suites - Adults Only **** (Playa Blanca)
- Hyde Park Lane *** (Puerto del Carmen)
If you want more options, you can take a look at the complete list of accommodations in Lanzarote!
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
Best Excursions in Lanzarote
These are the top 3 excursions we recommend to everyone visiting the island: