All Canary Islands hope to pass to phase 2 of de-escalation on May 25th
May 21, 2020 - POSITIVE NEWS CANARY ISLANDS
1. All the Canary Islands hope to pass to phase 2 of de-escalation on May 25th. The Ministry of Health of the Government of the Canary Islands has sent this Wednesday to the Ministry of Health the reports that would guarantee the passage of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Tenerife and La Palma to phase 2 of the de-escalation of the confinement measures starting from next Monday, May 25th.
2. The Canary Islands will reopen the beaches without a fixed time schedule. Starting on Monday, the beaches of Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and La Palma will open for sunbathing, but showers, foot showers or recreational areas in the sand will be closed to avoid possible infections from Covid-19. (La Provincia)
3. The President of the Government of Spain has promised to fight for the revival of the economy in the Canary Islands and for the revival of tourism in the islands. Pedro Sánchez has promised this Wednesday in the plenary session of Congress to reactivate the Canary Islands economy, employment and occupation in the tourism sector and, at the international level, has assured that he will respond "with guarantees to the tourism demand, especially from coming from European countries". (Canarias 7)
4. A list of 16 beautiful beaches in Spain, which have appeared in famous movies. You may recognize there that 5 of those beaches are situated in the Canary Islands: Playa de Famara in Lanzarote, Playa de Las Canteras in Gran Canaria and Dunas de Corralejo, Playa Sotavento and Playa de Jandia in Fuerteventura. (National Geographic - Spanish edition)
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for private rentals in the Canary Islands.
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.