Corralejo Carnival 2021 - Dates & Events (To Be Announced)
Out of all the carnivals in Fuerteventura, the carnival in Corralejo is probably the most expected one of all.
Will there be a carnival in Corralejo in 2021?
- Corralejo carnival theme in 2021: to be announced
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Fuerteventura. Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is cancelled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Corralejo once again.
In recent years, the theme was chosen by an online popular vote, so we'll have to wait and see how it will be for the upcoming edition.
In 2020, the carnival in Corralejo was cut short due to the Coronavirus pandemic, like many other carnivals in the Canary Islands and the Ayuntamiento (City Council) has not announced yet the dates for the 2021 carnival in Corralejo.
There is no way to know how events of this type will take place in the future, as most events in Europe have been cancelled since March and most big summer festivals and events have been cancelled as well since large crowd gatherings are still banned in most countries.
- Info about other carnivals in Fuerteventura
The main events during the carnival in Corralejo
- El Pregon: to be announced
- Election of the Carnival Queen: to be announced
- Day & Night Carnival: to be announced
- Kids' Queen Gala: to be announced
- Gala Drag Queen: to be announced
- Festive Day: to be announced
- Carnival of the Elderly: to be announced
- Dance Day / Dia de Danzas: to be announced
- Children's Party: to be announced
- Coso de carnaval de Corralejo / Main parade in Corralejo: to be announced
- Burial of the sardine / Entierro de la sardina: to be announced
Drag Queen Gala in Corralejo
One of the most anticipated carnival events is the Gala Drag Queen, which is an event that already has more than twenty years of history, as it began only one year after the first drag gala in the Canary Islands, which was the one of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in 1998.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Fuerteventura: Corralejo Rooftop Terrace Apartment (perfect for couples) • Exclusive Villa with Heated Pool (family villa, ocean view)
- Popular hotels in Fuerteventura: Dunas Club Apartments 3* (Corralejo) • Hotel Ereza Mar 4* (Caleta de Fuste)
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura
- Join Fuerteventura Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- Best Daytrips & Excursions: Oasis Wildlife Fuerteventura • Fuerteventura 3-Hour Dune Buggy Tour