Playa de Abama, Tenerife - A public beach in front of a luxury hotel
Playa Abama is situated very close to Playa San Juan and it has crystal clear waters, protected by big rocks thrown into the sea to break the waves and keep the beach safe for swimming. Some natural pools form nearby, so there’s a lot to explore and discover.
|Location:||The Ritz-Carlton Abama Hotel, municipality of Guia de Isora|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Secluded public beach with fine golden sand|
|Access:||You have to go through a private hotel property|
|Facilities:||Sunbeds, umbrellas, toilets, waste bins, showers|
|Parking:||Yes, but difficult|
Abama beach is a pristine public beach, hidden on the grounds of a luxury hotel
In order to get to the beach you have to go through the private ground of the luxury hotel Ritz Carlton, but the beach is public, like all beaches in Spain. Parking is difficult and the places fill up quickly during the first morning hours.
From the car park, you will have to walk around 1 km to the beach, a pleasant 20 minutes walk or you can take the little tram that helps visitors to cross the hotel’s enormous grounds. Do keep in mind that the walk to the beach is all downhill from the car park and when you return you'll have to climb all the way back up.
Although there is an elevator built by the hotel in order to take people down to the beach faster, this facility can only be used by the hotel guests.
On the beach, you will find sun loungers that can be rented for around 8 euros per day each and a restaurant which is also part of the Ritz Carlton Hotel Tenerife. The food and the views are amazing, but the prices are of course higher than the average.
Enjoy a beautiful sunset on Playa Abama, far away from the noisy resorts
The beach offers great views of the sunset in Tenerife, but be warned that the lift that can take you back up is open only until 18:00. This makes that you will have to go back up on foot, using the dedicated path.
Playa de Abama is different from other beaches in Tenerife, it has an exclusive feel due to the fact that is hidden behind the hotel’s grounds and you have to know about it in order to get there. It is ideal for families with children and if you are a guest of the Ritz Carlton hotel you can use all the facilities like the sun loungers and umbrellas for free.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour