Playa del Socorro - A Beach Mecca For Surfers In Tenerife
Playa del Socorro is situated on the north west coast of Tenerife and it’s a popular spot for surfers around the island.
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||fine black sand beach|
|Facilities:||Showers, toilets, waste bins, beach bar|
Playa del Socorro is a beach Mecca for surfers in Tenerife
The ocean can sometimes be rough at Playa del Socorro, which makes it a popular attraction for surfers and water sports lovers. You could also come here to relax on the dark black sand, but make sure to bring a towel, as there are no sun loungers. Given the constant waves and the fact that the beach is very open, it might not prove to be a good choice for families with young kids.
How to get to Playa del Socorro
The easiest and most popular way is by driving, since this beach has a public parking, but finding a free spot is never easy during the summer months. From the parking you can use the access ramp that leads directly to the beach. This makes for an easy access if you are travelling with a wheelchair or a stroller for kids.
You can also come to the beach by using the bus (guagua) from Realejos Alto. Bus line 546 comes here via Realejo Alto - Realejo Bajo- San Agustín- San Vicente-Playa del Socorro and you can find the timetable on the TITSA website (the bus company in Tenerife).
Our photo is from a rather gloomy winter day, when it was cloudy and so there wasn't much of a crowd at the beach. The parking was almost empty on that day, but the landscape is still beautiful and it was the perfect spot for a few moments of relaxation. There were people reading on the beach and others enjoying a drink at the beach bar.
Playa del Socorro is vast and probably one of the largest natural beaches in Tenerife. Although it isn’t an urban beach, you will find here all the amenities you need to spend the day: showers, toilets, lifeguards and parking.
There is also a beach bar on site, very appreciated and loved among visitors.
Read also our complete guide to all 101 Beaches in Tenerife
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour