Puerto del Rosario Carnival 2020 - Dates & Schedule
Puerto del Rosario is Fuerteventura's capital, so you will see that there will be mainly residents at this big party that lasts for over 2 weeks.
Carnival season is a great time to visit Fuerteventura and you should participate in this event if you want to experience a Spanish festival outside the tourist resorts.
Puerto del Rosario Carnival Dates: 15 February - 1 March 2020
- 2020 Carnival Theme: Aztec World / Mundo Azteco
Schedule for the 2020 carnival in Puerto del Rosario
- Friday, 15 February 2020 - Pasarela Carnavalera
- Saturday, 22 February 2020 - Birth of the Sardine / Nacimiento de la Sardinilla & Pregón
- Tuesday, 25 February 2020 - Carnival Tuesday / Martes de Carnaval - the official festive day in the municipality of Puerto del Rosario. This is a public holiday.
- Sunday, 1 March 2020 - Burial of the Sardine / Entierro de la Sardina
See also: info about all the other carnivals in Fuerteventura.
Plan the perfect holiday to Fuerteventura
Join our Fuerteventura Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
Book Your Accommodation
We always use Airbnb for apartment rentals and if you sign up from our link you get a 41€ discount for your first booking.
Looking for a hotel? We have selected for you some of the most popular hotels in Fuerteventura:
- Dunas Club Apartments *** (Corralejo)
- Hotel Ereza Mar **** (Caleta de Fuste)
- Bahia Calma Beach *** (Costa Calma)
If you want more options, you can take a look at the complete list of accommodations in Fuerteventura!
Also, take a look at our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Fuerteventura.
Best Excursions in Fuerteventura
These are the top 3 excursions we recommend to everyone visiting the island: