Traditional Carnival in Teguise, Lanzarote 2021
For the third time in a row, the town of Teguise will organize a Traditional Carnival, which is meant to preserve and promote the customs of the traditional carnivals which took place in the Canary Islands.
Traditional Carnival in Teguise, Lanzarote 2021 - Carnaval Tradicional de Teguise
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Lanzarote.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in Teguise once again.
- Date: -
- Location: Plaza de Los Leones, Teguise
- Time: to be announced
- Duration: to be announced
- Recommended for: all public
- Entrance to the event is free of charge.
- Organized by: Department of Culture of the City Council of Teguise and Area de Cultura of the Cabildo of Lanzarote
Since 2016, the Department of Culture and Festivals of Teguise has started organizing an event in honor of the Traditional Carnival. At that time the ceremony took place in Plaza de la Constitucion.
In its two editions, this initiative has been a success with the public and the interest is rising with each edition. The event is intended to pay tribute to the traditional carnival of the Canary Islands, with some of its most representative manifestations of our land. La Villa de Teguise, the homeland of one of the most important expressions of this festival, acts as the host of the exhibition.
In its 2018 edition, on the occasion of the 600th anniversary of Teguise, the experience of the event is supposed to be enriched with the presence of groups like Antruejo de Llamas de La Ribera (León), Los Caretos de Podence (Portugal) or the Vejigantes de Puerto Rico.
This year's meeting will be complemented by school workshops, gastronomy exhibitions and masks and traditional costumes specific to the carnival.
If you're interested in more events in the Teguise municipality, read more about the carnivals in Lanzarote and also about Teguise Market, which takes place every Sunday and is the largest market in Lanzarote.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Lanzarote: Playa Blanca Romantic Villa (private pool) • Puerto del Carmen Premium Apartment (lovely terrace)
- Popular hotels in Lanzarote: Occidental Lanzarote Playa 4* (Costa Teguise) • Hyde Park Lane 3* (Puerto del Carmen)
- Join Lanzarote Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Lanzarote.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Volcanoes and Caves: Full-Day Tour • Fire Mountains in Southern Lanzarote: Half-Day Tour