El Medano and Granadilla Carnival 2021 - Tenerife, Canary Islands
We don't know the dates yet for the carnival in El Medano in 2021, but we will update this article as soon as they are announced, as well as the theme for the edition in the municipality of Granadilla de Abona.
Following the success of the first edition of the Daytime Carnival in El Medano in 2018, the city council plans to make it an event again. This is good news for tourists in El Medano, since they will get to celebrate their own carnival here in Tenerife, without the necessity of leaving town.
Will there be a carnival in 2021?
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, there are no large events currently scheduled to happen in Tenerife.
Even the big carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is canceled in 2021, with everyone hoping that things will return to normal by 2022 so that the next edition of the carnival will be celebrated as usual in El Medano once again.
Main events of the Carnival in El Medano and Granadilla de Abona
- Announcing Parade in Los Abrigos
- Daytime Carnival in El Médano
- Presentation of candidates in San Isidro
- Grand Gala for the Election of the Queen in Granadilla (town center)
- Main Carnival Parade in Granadilla town center // Great Coso Apotheosis of the Carnival in Granadilla casco
- Burial of the Sardine in Granadilla
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour