Los Cristianos Beach - Info about facilities on Playa Los Cristianos
The town of Los Cristianos has a total of three beaches: Los Cristianos Beach, a large beach protected by the harbor; Las Vistas Beach, probably the most popular beach of all three and a secluded small beach with black volcanic sand, which is considered nudist-friendly.
|Location:||Los Cristianos, municipality of Arona|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||urban beach with golden sand|
|Facilities:||Sunbeds, umbrellas, showers, toilets, bars and restaurants|
Playa Los Cristianos - Calm water and safe for swimming
Los Cristianos beach is ideal for swimming and for families with children, since the ocean here is always calm, without waves or strong currents. This beach is also classified as very accessible and safe, with lifeguards and police patrols all year long.
At 975 m long and 40 m wide, with its fine golden sand and clear waters, Playa Los Cristianos beach offers plenty of possibilities to spend the time: a playground for children, beach volleyball, watersports such as snorkeling and even banana-boat rides if you are looking for some fun.
Los Cristianos beach is wheelchair friendly and you can find everything you need for a relaxing beach day: sunbeds, umbrellas, showers, public toilets and a variety of restaurants for lunch or dinner. This beach has a long promenade called Avenida Juan Alfonso Batista, where you can find plenty of bars and restaurants, very close to the beach itself.
There are plenty of free street parking spots but during the summer months this beach can be very popular, so it’s harder to find where to park. A paid underground parking is also available close by.
Don't miss our list of suggestions of things to do in Los Cristianos
Nudist friendly beach in Los Cristianos
If you are a naturist and you prefer a more private beach, you can go to the unofficial nudist beach in Los Cristianos, a small black sand beach called Playa de los Tarajales, situated in the neighborhood El Rincon. It’s rocky and there are no sunbeds, shops or umbrellas, which means that on most days you can have the place all to yourself.
Los Cristianos Beach Webcam
There is a livecam of Los Cristianos Beach available to watch here. Most popular resorts on the island have similar webcams available, so you can see how the weather is like.
Want to explore more? Read our complete guide for the best beaches in Tenerife.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour