Playa Las Galletas - A very quiet and relaxed beach in Tenerife
Las Galletas beach is located in the fishing village with the same name, in the municipality of Arona, only 15 kilometers away from Los Cristianos, and pretty close to Tenerife South airport.
|Location:||Village of Las Galletas, municipality of Arona|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Urban beach with black sand and pebbles sand|
|Facilities:||Sun loungers, umbrellas, toilets, waste bins, showers|
The place to come for a taste of fresh fish in Tenerife
Fishing is still a popular occupation among locals and Playa Las Galletas still has a dock and many fishing boats, which can be seen from the beach. There is a daily fish market in the vicinity of the beach and all the restaurants in the area serve fresh dish caught in this area.
The beach itself is a combination of dark brown sand in the extremities and pebbles in the middle. Although more windy than other nearby beaches, the water is calm and clear, good for both swimming and water sports. You will have plenty of room for all kind of activities, given the fairly large size of this beach at 420 m long and 30 m wide.
Playa Las Galletas has all the amenities you may need: showers, lifeguards, sun loungers and umbrellas. Some local restaurants and bars are situated nearby.
There is a large public parking close to the beach and all the restaurants.
Want to explore more? Read our complete guide for all 101 Beaches in Tenerife
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour