Puerto de la Cruz Carnival 2021
These are the dates for the 2021 carnival celebrated in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife. The highlight of the carnival is the Men's Marathon in High Heels, also known as Mascarita Ponte Tacon - it is a funny event, unique to the celebration in Puerto de la Cruz.
This event is the second-largest carnival happening in Tenerife after the carnival in Santa Cruz and it's also considered an event of international importance since it attracts a lot of visitors to the resort.
Puerto de la Cruz Carnival 2021 Dates: 11 - 21 February 2021
These dates are calculated based on past editions. If there are any changes to the schedule after the local council announces the official dates, we will update this article to reflect that.
- The theme for the 2021 carnival in PDLC has not been announced yet.
Events and schedule for the 2021 carnival in Puerto de la Cruz:
- to be announced - Inauguration of the carnival in Puerto de la Cruz
- to be announced - Gala Infantil
- 11 February - Gala de la Reina Adulta - Election of the Carnival Queen
- 13 February - Cabalgada Anunciadora - Parade to announce the carnival
- 14 February - Carnaval de Dia - Daytime Carnival - Costume contest
- 15 February - Lunes de Carnaval
- 16 February - Martes de Carnaval
- 17 February - Duelo and Burial of the Sardine
- 18 February - German Reception
- 19 February - Mascarita Ponte Tacon - men's marathon in high heels, a representative event for the town's celebrations
- 20 February - Coso Apoteosis - Big Parade of the Carnival in Puerto de la Cruz
- 21 February - Pinata
Puerto de la Cruz Carnival poster - 2021 Edition
The poster has not been released yet. We will add it to this page as soon as it becomes available.
- The town of Puerto de la Cruz also celebrates a summer carnival, which usually takes place in September.
- Best things to do in Puerto de la Cruz
Coming to island for the carnival in Puerto de la Cruz and wondering how the weather will be?
Read more about Tenerife in February, including info about temperatures and what clothes you should bring with you.