Los Gigantes Carnival 2020
Los Gigantes usually celebrates its carnival later than other municipalities in Tenerife. One can usually calculate the dates for the carnival in Los Gigantes by looking at the schedule for the main carnival in Santa Cruz.
The start of the carnival in Los Gigantes is usually on the second Friday after the big parade in Santa Cruz (which is always on Shrove Tuesday). In 2020 Shrove Tuesday will be on February 25th, which means that the fiesta in Los Gigantes should start on March 6th.
Dates for the 2020 Carnival in Los Gigantes: 6 - 14 March 2020
- The theme for the 2020 carnival in Los Gigantes: 1001 Nights
- What to do in Los Gigantes
The main events during Los Gigantes Carnival 2020:
- Election of the Carnival Queen - 6 March
- Grand Carnival Parade - 8 March
- Elders Carnival - 11 March
- Drag Queen Gala - 12 March
- Burial of the sardine - 13 March
- Daytime Carnival in Los Gigantes - 14 March
See the full schedule of events and the times for the 2020 carnival in Los Gigantes
See what you can expect in terms of weather in Tenerife in March
Los Gigantes Carnival Previous Editions
- 2019 Edition: 15 March - 23 March
- 2019 theme was Gods of Olympus
- 2018 Edition: 23 February - 4 March 2018
- 2018 theme was Fantasy
In 2018 there was a controversy regarding the poster, since it was revealed that the author may have stolen various images and illustrations of other designers and used their work without approval in order to create the poster and win the prize. Later on the City Council of Santiago del Teide has announced that the winner had retracted his submission and the poster is now annulled.