Tenerife Markets - Days and Locations
Almost every town in Tenerife has its own market day. Some have a day for the farmer's markets and also a separate market day for crafts, souvenirs and other stuff, including fake bags, watches, clothes etc.
If you're looking for info about shopping in Tenerife and you are tired of seeing the same brands everywhere, you may take into consideration visiting one of the local markets.
Tenerife Market Days
Tenerife South Markets
- Monday, from 9 am to 2 pm, in Plaza del Llano
Los Cristianos Market
- Tuesdays and Sundays, from 9 am to 2 pm on Avenida Juan Carlos I, 38650
Big market, many stalls and always crowded. In Los Cristianos Market you will find everything from fake items, to aloe vera products, jewellery and souvenirs. Just be careful with your bag and phone among the crowds.
Costa Adeje Market
- Thursdays and Saturdays, from 9 am to 2pm on Avenida de Bruselas
Costa Adeje Market is a large and busy market, similar to the one in Los Cristianos. Some of the stalls are the same, selling mostly fake items like bags, watches, jewellery. You can also find local products.
Adeje Farmers' Market
- Wednesday from 15:00 to 19:00; Saturday and Sunday from 08:00 to 13:30
A large farmer's market in Tenerife South - you can read more in the dedicated article about Adeje Market.
El Medano Market
- Farmer's market - Wednesday, 8 AM - 1 PM in Plaza El Medano
- Crafts Markets - Saturday in the central Plaza, from 9 am to 2 pm
The Saturday Market in El Medano has a certain hippie vibe and you can buy lots of handmade jewellery, clothes and other types of souvenirs that you can take home.
Playa San Juan Market
- Wednesday from 9am to 2pm.
The market used to be in the church square but is now relocated nearby, due to the reconstruction works.
Golf del Sur Market
- Friday, from 9 am to 2 pm on Avenida del Atlántico
Los Abrigos Market
- Tuesday, from 5 pm to 9 pm on Avenida Maritima
A very small market, not many stalls.
San Miguel de Abona Market
- Wednesdays - from 12 pm to 7 pm & Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 2 pm
OTHER TENERIFE MARKETS
- Friday, from 4 pm to 8 pm in Calle Modesto Fraile Poujade
This is a farmer's market.
- Wednesdays from 9 am to 3 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 9 in Av. de la Constitucion, 3, 38509 Candelaria
Puerto de la Cruz Market
- Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 9 am to 2 pm on Avenida Blas Perez Gonzalez 4, 38400 Puerto de la Cruz
Also known as "El Rastro" del Mercado Municipal del Puerto de la Cruz this market offers local produce (fruits, vegetables, cheese) as well as non food items: clothes, souvenirs, cosmetics etc. It's a busy and popular market in Tenerife.
Farmer's Market in San Cristobal de La Laguna
- Saturday, from 9 am to 2 pm, in Plaza del Cristo, close to the Municipal Market