Playa de la Arena - A Great Place To Stay In Tenerife
You will find Playa de la Arena close to the town of Puerto Santiago, in a beautiful natural setting, with views of the island La Gomera. This beach has been awarded the Blue Flag distinction since 1989 continuously, which means it is not only beautiful, but also very clean and offers plenty of facilities to visitors.
|Location:||Puerto Santiago, municipality of Santiago del Teide|
|Map:||see on Google maps|
|Beach type:||Exotic urban beach with dark black sand|
|Facilities:||Sun loungers, umbrellas, toilets, waste bins, showers|
50 shades of black darker...than other beaches in Tenerife
The black volcanic sand is a few shades darker than in other places, which gives Playa de la Arena an unusual look and a somewhat exotic feel. The beach is popular among tourists, who sometimes make day trips from other parts of the island just to spend a day here.
The ocean is sometimes rough at Arena Beach, the reason why some days you will see the red flag, meaning it is forbidden to go in the water. A lifeguard is on site during the day.
Playa de la Arena is located below street level and can be reached by using the stairs. You will find here plenty of amenities like sun loungers, public toilets and also many restaurants along the promenade.
The area or Puerto de Santiago is good for people who want a quiet holiday in Tenerife. Other similar conditions you will find in Los Gigantes and the village of Alcala, very different from the noisy resort of Playa de las Americas.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Tenerife: Romantic Bungalow Playa Paraiso (ideal for couples) • Los Cristianos Charming Apartment (modern, newly renovated)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular hotels in Tenerife: Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife 5* (Playa Paraiso) • Hotel Cleopatra Palace 4* (Playa de Las Americas)
- Join Tenerife Holiday Forum Facebook group for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Tenerife.
- Best Excursions & Tours: Whale & Dolphin Watching with Drinks & Snacks • From South Tenerife: La Gomera Island Tour