Gran Canaria Carnivals 2021 - Will There Be a Carnival in 2021?
Gran Canaria is well known as a great place for partying, so during the Carnival season, the island is full of music, energy, and color. Everyone is invited to take part in the festivities and enjoy the free spirit of Gran Canaria!
- Carnivals in Gran Canaria
- Carnivals in 2021: will they happen in Gran Canaria?
- 2021 Carnival Dates in Gran Canaria
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival 2021
- Costa Mogan Carnival 2021
- Maspalomas Carnival 2021
- Galdar Carnival 2021
- Aguimes Carnival 2021
- Agaete Carnival 2021
- Telde Carnival 2021
- La Aldea Carnival 2021
- Teror Carnival 2020
- Arucas Carnival 2020
Carnivals in Gran Canaria
If you're into partying all night long, then you should definitely consider visiting the island during carnival season.
The main events usually take place in the capital - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Maspalomas, Mogan and Galdar. Several other towns in different municipalities also organize their own festivities: Ingenio, Aguimes, Telde, Teror, La Aldea.
If you're on the island during the carnival, no matter where in Gran Canaria you are staying, we definitely recommend you to participate in at least one of these events, as they are so much fun and you're on holiday after all...
Carnivals in 2021: will they happen in Gran Canaria?
Due to the ongoing pandemic, most of the events are still canceled in Gran Canaria and the situation is not much different in most other parts of the world.
Gran Canaria's largest carnivals, the carnivals in Las Palmas and in Maspalomas, have suspended their 2021 editions.
Many of the other smaller carnivals have not announced anything yet about their plans for 2021, but if we had to guess... not many events will happen in 2021 in Gran Canaria which involve large crowds, dancing, drinking and partying.
We will update this page whenever we have news about some of the other carnivals on the island.
2021 Carnival Dates in Gran Canaria
- LAS PALMAS: SUSPENDED until 2022
- MASPALOMAS: SUSPENDED until 2022
- ARGUINEGUIN: -
- GALDAR: -
- AGUIMES: -
- AGAETE: -
- TELDE: -
- LA ALDEA: -
- TEROR: -
- ARUCAS: -
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Carnival 2021
- There will be no proper carnival in Las Palmas 2021
- The authorities aim to organize some events throughout the year, in order to preserve the spirit of the party alive
- You can read more on the page dedicated to the Las Palmas Carnival.
The local authorities in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria have announced the suspension of the usual carnival events in the city, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Depending on restrictions and the current situation of the infections in Gran Canaria, the authorities aim to organize some events throughout the year 2021, in order to keep the spirit of the carnival alive.
Costa Mogan Carnival 2021
- Dates for the Mogan Carnival: Not announced
- Celebrated in: Arguineguin
- This year the theme for the Carnaval in Costa Mogan has not been announced yet.
- More details in the dedicated page for the event.
Maspalomas Carnival 2021
- The 2021 carnival in Maspalomas is also SUSPENDED
- You can see more info in the dedicated page for the Carnival in Maspalomas.
Galdar Carnival 2021
- Dates for the Galdar Carnival: Not announced
- All the festivities usually take place in Plaza de Santiago (Santiago Square)
- See more info in the page dedicated to this event
Aguimes Carnival 2021
- Dates for the Aguimes Carnival: Not announced
- More info is available on the dedicated page of the event.
Agaete Carnival 2021
- Dates for the Agaete Carnival: Not announced
- More info available on the dedicated page for Agaete carnival.
Telde Carnival 2021
- Dates for the Telde Carnival: Not announced
- Read more info on the dedicated page for Carnaval de Telde.
La Aldea Carnival 2021
- Dates for the La Aldea de San Nicolas Carnival: Not announced
- The theme of the carnival - Not announced
- More info about this carnival on the dedicated page
Teror Carnival 2020
- Dates for Las Carnestolendas in Teror: Not announced
- The carnival theme - Not announced
Arucas Carnival 2020
- Dates: Not announced
- The theme is - Not announced
All of the Canary Islands have their own celebration of the carnival, with the Carnival in Tenerife being the largest of them all and also the second-largest in the world (only after Rio de Janeiro). Usually there are carnivals on all the islands, as the locals and tourists alike celebrate the carnival season in all the archipelago.
- Best Apartments & Villas in Gran Canaria: Puerto Rico Villa with Private Pool (heated pool, private garden) • Maspalomas Resort Style Bungalow (modern, sunny garden)
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Popular Hotels in Gran Canaria: Radisson Blu Resort & Spa 5* (Puerto de Mogan) • Occidental Margaritas 4* (Playa del Ingles)
- Join Gran Canaria Forum on Facebook for more tips about the island.
- See our dedicated guide for the best places to stay in Gran Canaria.
- Best Tours & Excursions: From Puerto Rico: Dolphin Watching Cruise • Guided Buggy Tour